“I’m looking for a checklist of everything I need to do every month for SEO.”
“What SEO services or freelancers do you recommend?”
👆🏻 These are two of the most common questions I hear from Realtors and other businesses that I speak to about modern marketing.
Having helped rank dozens of websites to 1,000,000+ monthly visitors (and some to hundreds of millions), as well as coaching thousands of marketers to scale their traffic, I can tell you that SEO is as much an art form as it is science. This is true at both the Enterprise level and at the local business level.
In the end, it is the processes and systems that win in the end.
I am going to show you a step-by-step breakdown to follow for your own SEO including:
✅ Where to start
✅ What to do in the first 3 months
✅ The exact order to follow
✅ The on-page, link building, and social strategies to use
✅ Some people you can outsource tasks to as needed.
SEO is an ever-changing beast, and every SERP and campaign is unique; nevertheless, if you have a framework of principles to follow and a system for putting each website through the paces, much of your future organic traffic battles will have already been fought.
I’m going to suggest quite a few services from specific individuals on Legiit. Legiit is a marketplace and there are quality, and not so quality, vendors on there. And not every vendor I recommend is great at all things, but in my experience and what I’ve heard from trusted colleagues, you get great results with the specific recommendations below.
- Social Profiles: Use this service to create 25 – 100 social media profiles. They will claim your brand accounts on services like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, About.me, Medium, Quora, Tumblr, etc and provide no follow links back to your website.
- Local Citations: Two options on this one.
- Use Citationexpert to create 150 – 300 local citations to your website. Pay attention to the extras and consider “added geotagged image and social link”, “all live-citations”, and “extra 150 citations”.
- Once you have your Google My Business Listing, consider using this service and use your GMB URL as the website destination. It should help you rank in Google Map Searches.
- Foundation links:
- Option 1: Work with Vasco and his team to create your foundation links. Consider his extras and higher packages on this gig.
- Option 2: Work with Ignitefirst to build out 300 foundation links.
- Option 3: Get a great turn around with Jeff at Missinglink with this gig.
- On-Page: Use Searchcombat to perform keyword audits and on-page optimization for specific pages on your site.
- If you are a Realtor, I’d recommend doing this on your homepage and your community pages (i.e. hyper local pages focused on neighborhoods, niches, or property types that have hotsheets from Showcase IDX on them).
- Authority stacking:
- Work with Vasco to set up a Google Authority stack. You could do this yourself but it will take you 5 – 8 hours minimum.
- Press Release:
- Need a well-written press release that considers your SEO needs? Use this gig from Randy and his team at 38 Digital. I strongly recommend upgrading on this gig for both better coverage and more link juice power.
- Already know how to write a press release and have one ready to go? Use this gig to have Randy’s team submit it for you.
- More Web 2.0s: There are multiple good vendors for this. Consider using Vasco on it with this gig.
- Increase your site’s TF/CF: Use this SerpHaus gig to increase the trust flow and citation flow of your site. Does it actually help your rankings? That is questionable but many sites will look at these metrics for your site before choosing to link to or work with you.
Now, you’re starting to get into gigs you can do repeatedly each month and with increasing frequency depending on your budget.
- Guest posts: Option 1: Consider Chris and his team at SuperstarSEO with this gig. He has a more powerful guest post offering here, but it will be more of an investment.
- Niche edits: Use these month after month.
- Option 1: Use this gig from RealAuthority and definitely consider the extras to add-on additional links with more referring domains (RD) with this gig.
- Option 2: Use this gig from Serpwolf for more options and a different database of sites.
- Option 3: Chris at SuperstarSEO has a solid gig here. It’s more costly than the others but you’ll get more consistently powerful links, so if you’re only doing a few, it will likely be worth to use this one.
- Guest posts on Google News sites: You don’t want to overuse these, but they can be a good addition to your mix when used properly. Work with Randy and the 38 Digital team with this gig.
Need SEO done entirely for you? Click here to see some great agencies to help you rank.
Anchor Text Knowledge
When you move into link building with niche posts and guest posts, you really need to understand anchor text to avoid penalties with Google.
Bookmark this page and this tool:
Watch this anchor text SEO guide from Matt Digity. While you will save a ton of money using the above services or a local agency over working with Matt’s company, their training on anchor text is great.